Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Peanut Butter Cookies


Since we have enough leftover Barbecue Pork with Mop Sauce and Parmesan Potato Wedges for dinner tonight (and maybe lunch tomorrow too), I decided that I should dedicate my cooking efforts to a sweet treat, since we don't have any Cocoa Fudge Cookies left. Since I'd just made a chocolaty cookie, I knew I didn't anything with chocolate so I decided on peanut butter cookies, since I haven't made them in a long time and they're quick and delicious. I looked at couple peanut butter cookie recipes, but decided to go with my favorite from The Joy of Cooking because it had more peanut butter and less butter than other recipes, and I already know my husband and I adore these cookies. They are rich, crumbly, and wonderful.

Peanut Butter Cookies
from The Joy of Cooking

1.5 c. all-purpose flour
1/2 t. baking soda
1/3 c. unsalted butter, softened
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. packed brown sugar
1 large egg
1 c. peanut butter (smooth or chunky)
1/2 t. vanilla

1. Whisk together flour and baking soda in a medium bowl; set aside.

2. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars together until well blended. Beat in egg, peanut butter, and vanilla. Stir in the flour mixture until blended.

3. Shape into 1-inch balls and arrange about 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets. Press flat with a fork to form classic crosshatch pattern in the cookies. Bake, 1 sheet at a time, about 10 to 12 minutes. Let stand briefly, then remove to a rack to cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment