Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Laine's Mexsconsin Delight



I created this dish my senior year of college one night when my then-boyfriend (now husband) came over and I was looking for something to make for us for dinner. I had thawed chicken breasts and taco seasoning so I thought I'd make chicken tacos, but then decided to throw in some black beans and corn and serve it over rice instead. And Laine's Mexsconsin Delight was born! Although I didn't come up with the name; my dad gave it that name after the first time he had it and he decided it needed to be named in my honor.

Although I initially made this with cut-up chicken breasts, it can also be made with ground beef, pork, chicken, or turkey or cut-up pieces of pork. It also makes an excellent burrito filling with or without rice, and reheats really well. It's one of my husband's favorite dinners.

Laine's Mexsconsin Delight

1 lb. of boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 packet taco seasoning
1 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 15.25-ounce can corn, drained and rinsed
Cooked rice
Shredded cheese (optional)
Salsa (optional)
Sour cream (optional)

1. Cut up chicken breasts into bite-size pieces. Cook over medium heat until no longer pink.


2. Add taco seasoning according to package directions. Let simmer for a couple minutes or until the liquid just starts to reduce.


3. Add drained and rinsed black beans and corn, stir to coat with seasoning mixture. Cook over medium heat until warmed through. Serve over rice, topped with shredded cheese, salsa, and sour cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment