Sunday, April 11, 2010

Memphis Sweet Potato Fries


I still had sweet potatoes left over after last week's attempt at sweet potato fries, so I thought I'd give a new recipe a try. Last week I went about as basic as you can get, so I decided to try one that is a little more complex, though by no means complicated. I'm always looking for more healthful substitutions to make in my diet, and sweet potato instead of regular potato fries is one I can easily get behind. These fries are salty and sweet and an excellent companion to burgers, brats, and myriad other things. I added a final dusting of freshly ground sea salt once the came out of the oven, but it is by no means necessary. Try them-you won't be disappointed!

Memphis Sweet Potato Fries
from Patrick and Gina Neely, via Food Network

4 T. olive oil
1 t. paprika
1 t. ground cinnamon
2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch wide strips
1/2 t. salt
2 T. brown sugar

1.Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.

2. In a large bowl, mix together olive oil, paprika and cinnamon. Toss the potato strips into mixture, to coat well, and spread onto baking sheet in a single layer. Sprinkle with salt and brown sugar.

3. Bake for 30 minutes, turning every 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment