Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Simple Stir Fry Sauce


Stir-fries are one of the best ways to use up mass amount of vegetables of all different kinds. With the huge amount of vegetables I've gotten and will be getting from my CSA these next couple of months, I'm sure to be making a lot of them. I found this great recipe for a really simple and absolutely delicious stir fry sauce on the website for Primrose Community Farm, the farm I get my CSA from. This sauce is a well-balanced combination or sweet, salty, and savory and goes well with all manner of vegetables. I used this sauce on a stir-fry of mushrooms, onions, garlic, tatsoi, and teriyaki baked tofu, which I cooked in chili-infused peanut oil I bought from Out of Our Gourd at the farmers' market this past weekend, and served over brown rice. Simple, healthy, and fast-what could be better for a Monday night dinner? It also made a wonderful Tuesday lunch, with all my coworkers commenting on how good my lunch smelled when I brought it to my desk.

Simple Stir-Fry Sauce
adapted from Primrose Community Farm

2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari
2 tablespoons sesame oil

Whisk together ingredients in a small bowl until thoroughly combined. Add sauce to stir-fried vegetables and serve over rice or other grains.

No comments:

Post a Comment