Saturday, November 27, 2010

Almond Mocha Latte


Once I create or find a basic recipe that I think is a keeper, I immediately start experimenting. Because I'm hosting a Thanksgiving meal today, I'm missing my usual farmers' market trip that usually ends with an espresso drink and delicious pastry or muffin. I wanted to go a bit lighter on breakfast today, but still start the day off with a treat (and caffeine boost!) so I made a skim almond mocha latte, riffing on the Easy Mocha Latte I made earlier this week. It satisfied my sweet tooth and gave me the boost of energy I needed to start cooking and get last minute cleaning done before my guests arrive.

Almond Mocha Latte
serves 1

1 T. turbinado sugar
2 t. high quality cocoa powder (e.g. Ghiradelli)
2 shots hot espresso
8 oz. warm, frothed milk
1/4 t. pure almond extract
Whipped cream (optional)
Chocolate shavings (optional)

1. Add sugar and cocoa to a mug and stir to combine. Pour in hot espresso, stirring to dissolve the sugar and cocoa powder. Add the milk and almond extract, stirring thoroughly to combine. Top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings, if desired. Serve hot and enjoy a few minutes to yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment