Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Stuffed Turkey Burgers

 I'm currently working on cleaning out my freezer and had one pound of ground turkey left to use up. My thoughts immediately went to turkey burgers since it's too hot for meatballs, meatloaf, or spaghetti. I searched around a bit and found this recipe from Ellie Krieger, which I adapted to the ingredients I already had on hand. This recipe was perfect as I already had roasted red peppers left over from Chorizo Pizza earlier in the week.

Stuffed Turkey Burgers
adapted from Ellie Krieger

1 lb. ground turkey
1/2 c. chopped roasted red peppers
3 T. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Freshly ground salt and pepper
Whole wheat hamburger buns
Lettuce, tomatoes and onions (optional)
Ketchup, mustard, relish, etc. (optional)

1. Divide turkey into 6 equal pieces and shape into patties. Sprinkle 3 of the patties with 1/3 of the chopped red peppers and 1 T. cheese. Top with the remaining patties and seal the edges together. Season each side with salt and pepper.


2. Grill or broil until cooked through, about 5 minutes per side. Place on toasted buns and top with desired condiments and vegetables.

No comments:

Post a Comment