Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Spicy Turkey Burgers



While I'll happily enjoy a plain beef burger, plain turkey burgers don't appeal to me at all. Ground turkey doesn't have enough flavor on it's own and turkey burgers easily dry out. I've made Blue Cheese Turkey Burgers before, which I enjoy, but wanted something a little different so I created this recipe. These burgers can be very spicy if you use a hot salsa and lots of hot sauce, or extremely mild if you use a mild salsa and cut back or eliminate the hot sauce, so pick your level of spiciness depending on who you'll be serving these to. I like spicy food, so I'll be adding minced jalapeno peppers to my burger next time.

Spicy Turkey Burgers

1 lb. ground turkey
1/2 c. mild salsa
1/2 c. minced onion
1/4 c. chopped fresh cilantro
1 T. Tapatio or other hot sauce
1 t. ground cumin
1 t. salt
1/2 t. ground black pepper

Butter, oil, or cooking spray
4 slices cheese (I used Colby)
Lettuce
Salsa
Onion, tomato, pickles, etc., if desired (optional)

No comments:

Post a Comment