Friday, December 25, 2009

Reuben Dip

This year, my husband and I had my parents over for Christmas Eve dinner and Christmas morning. I wanted some simple appetizers that I could prepare ahead of time to go with Christmas Eve dinner. Shrimp with cocktail sauce is a staple appetizer for my family, but I also wanted something warm and hearty. Reubens are one of my, my husband's and my dad's favorites, so I thought reuben dip was an excellent choice for an appetizer. Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures since I was too busy cooking and eating.

The recipe called to bake this in the oven, but I layered it in my mini slow cooker instead so the dip would stay hot.

Reuben Dip

16 oz. sauerkraut
8 oz. shredded corned beef
16 ounces shredded Swiss cheese
1/2 cup Miracle Whip (or mayonnaise)
1/2 cup Thousand Island dressing

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (if cooking in oven).

2. Drain and rinse the sauerkraut, then squeeze out excess moisture with paper towel. Spread in the bottom of 9x13-inch baking dish if baking in the oven or the bottom of slow cooker insert.

3. Layer corned beef and Swiss cheese on top of sauerkraut.

4. Mix Miracle Whip and Thousand Island dressing together and pour on top.

5. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. If using slow cooker, heat for a few hours and stir before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment