Thursday, October 27, 2011

Honey Caipirinha

Being the enthusiastic locavore that I am, even when it comes my booze, I knew I needed to visit Old Sugar Distillery from the first time I heard about it. It's out of the way for me, only open three days per week, and was pretty crowded when my husband and I went some months ago, but all the effort and inconvenience was worth it to discover their delicious Honey Liqueur and the delightful Honey Cap, which I immediately sought to recreate at home. Although the Honey Liqueur might lead you to think otherwise, this drink isn't overly sweet, but an easy-sipping drink that can be enjoyed with sweet and savory alike, as well as on its own. The sweet honey and tart lime juice mingle happily with the honey liqueur, all seamlessly blended by the effervescent club soda. But, as the bartenders at Old Sugar Distillery will warn you, these cocktails go down extremely easily, so sip with caution as you enjoy this exquisite cocktail.

Honey Caipirinha
serves 1

1 lime, cut in half
1 tablespoon honey
2 ounces honey liqueur (I use Old Sugar Distillery's Honey Liqueur)
Ice cubes
4 ounces club soda

1. Juice one half of the lime and combine with honey in a glass. Cut the other half of the lime into wedges, add to the glass and muddle together with the lime juice and honey mixture. Add honey liqueur, stir to mix, then add ice. Pour club soda over the top, invert into a new glass to mix ingredients together, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment