Saturday, January 8, 2011

Maple-Pear Baked Steel Cut Oats


I just couldn't get enough Baked Apple and Peanut Butter Steel Cut Oats last weekend and even as I was enjoying them for breakfast last Saturday and Sunday, my mind was already racing with ideas for other baked steel cut oat recipes. While I loved the apple and peanut butter combination, I think I like the maple syrup and pear combination even more. I'm a fool for anything with maple syrup and I've rarely been disappointed by adding it to a dish, so it's no wonder I adore this recipe. This definitely isn't the end of experimenting with this recipe and I look forward to putting together some more creative combinations in the future.

Maple-Pear Baked Steel Cut Oats

serves 1

1/2 whole pear, diced
1/4 cups steel cut oats
1/2 cup milk
1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
1 tablespoon chopped toasted walnuts


1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place diced pears in the bottom of an individual-sized oven proof dish.

2. Pour steel cut oats over the pear, then add milk and bake for 30 minutes.

3. Remove from the oven and top with maple syrup and toasted walnuts. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment