Monday, December 27, 2010

Egg Nog Latte

Egg nog is a treat I indulge in every couple of years, although partly out of nostalgia, because I don't love it nearly as much as I did as a kid. I wasn't planning on picking any up this year, but when I saw that Sassy Cow Creamery made an egg nog, I had to try it. I had a glass spiked with a little Christmas spirit on Christmas Eve, made some into egg nog french toast Christmas morning after starting my Christmas morning with a rich egg nog latte.

I gave a range for both the egg nog and the milk because egg nog varies a lot in thickness and richness from brand to brand. If you're really craving a rich treat and you may even want to go with all egg nog, provided it isn't too thick. Although I could never drink lattes that are so rich on a regular basis, it's a nice once-a-year treat during the Christmas season.

Egg Nog Latte
serves 1

1/2 to 3/4 cup egg nog
1/4 to 1/2 cup whole milk
2 shots espresso (or very strong coffee)
Ground cinnamon and nutmeg, for garnish

1. Combine the egg nog and milk and heat, either in a small saucepan on the stove or in the microwave taking care not to scald the milk. Froth the milk with the espresso maker (if you have one).

2. Pour the espresso into mug and add the hot egg nog mixture, stirring during the addition. Top with a bit of froth and a sprinkle of cinnamon and nutmeg. Enjoy hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment