Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Roasted Cauliflower


I hate to even call this recipe, but the simplicity of this dish was so divine, I just had to share. I'll confess that I've never made roasted cauliflower before. Generally, I steam cauliflower, have it as part of a gratin, or eat it raw and I can't believe I've been missing out on this way to prepare cauliflower. I didn't want anyone else to miss out on this simple, wonderful way to enjoy cauliflower!

Roasted Cauliflower
serves 2 to 4

2 small or 1 medium heads of cauliflower (about 2 pounds), cut into florets
1 T. extra virgin olive oil
1/4 t. kosher salt

1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Toss cauliflower with oil and salt in a large bowl. Place cauliflower in one even layer in a large roasting pan or baking sheet. Bake, tossing occasionally, for 25 to 35 minutes, or until cauliflower is caramelized and cooked to desired tenderness. Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment