Sunday, July 3, 2011

Edamame, Corn, and Feta Salad


Even though the holiday weekend isn't even half over, you may already looking ahead to atone for the dietary sins committed over the long weekend and for that I offer up this salad recipe. I always indulge on the weekends and holidays, but I find that I need to revert back to my normal healthy habits during most of the week to keep up my energy and mood. But even though I like to eat healthfully most of the time, I'm not willing to give up flavor to do it. I've been making a lot of salads lately using beans for the protein, this being the first new recipe I came up with, inspiring a flurry of creativity. The edamame makes the salad filling, the corn is fresh and summer-y, the radishes are sharp and crisp, and the feta cheese is light, but still gives the salad a richness. An light, Asian-inspired vinaigrette is the best dressing choice for this salad, but if those aren't your taste, I say use any dressing you love. So indulge this weekend without any regrets, and get back on track this week with this fresh, delicious salad.

Edamame, Corn, and Feta Salad
serves 1

4 oz. mixed baby greens, lettuce, spinach, or arugula
1/2 cup frozen shelled edamame, thawed
1/2 cup fresh corn or frozen corn, thawed
1/4 cup chopped scallions
4 radishes, sliced
1 oz. crumbled feta cheese
Salad dressing, for serving (I like Newman's Own Orange Ginger dressing)

1. Wash and dry greens, if necessary, and spread evenly over a plate or place in a large bowl. Top with edamame, corn, scallions, radishes, and feta cheese. Drizzle with salad dressing, toss well, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment